THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

12 February 2009

** Arrival of our Precious Angel **

In my previous post, I was counting down 10 days to Baby Jade's arrival. However, she was eager to come to this world, maybe she wanted to celebrate bday together with Granny and to attend her Yiyi's wedding. She's not gg to miss the big occasion.

Yes, she arrived on 7 Dec'08, Sunday. Weighing 3.005kg and measuring 48cm.

I was experiencing contractions around 1am plus, after monitoring for a few hours, off we went to KKH. I was inspected and was 4cm dilated liao. I was admitted to the labour ward straight. It was 4plus in the morning.

The actual labour started at around 6plus, I told myself to go through it w/o epidural no matter what. When the nurse put me on drips, the intense contractions was realli unbearable. I used the gas but it was of zero use.

I was lying on my side and whenever the pain came, I will grabbed the bed railing and put my breathing technique into use. It didnt help much too, and I kept telling myself, no epidural, no epidural, bear with it!

In the end, it was Kenny who wanted me to take epidural. I surrendered and said ok. While waiting for the anesthetist to come, the midwife was asking me questions like do I feel like clearing bowels when the contractions came. Tell u, when u r in great pain and ppl is asking u questions, u dun feel like answering at all. Hahaha!!! I told her ya! Then she do another cervix chk for me again. This time she said I was dilated to 8cm. Basically no need to take epidural liao. I heaved a sign of relief. I was thinking, finally the ordeal is over. Baby Jade is gg to come out soon.

Sad to say, I struggled almost 2 hrs before Jade realli popped out. Tremendous amount of energy was wasted during the push. I was told to switch to 2 other positions to hasten the labour, but it was of little help too.

Forcep was finally needed to get Baby Jade out. It was really an experience that I will never ever forget man! The feeling was definitely indescribable when I held Jade in my arms.

I'm overjoyed to see Baby Jade in my arms, and that she's able to latch on without fuss. However I was unable to walk, my bones seem to be on strike, they refused to move. I had difficulties getting out of the bed and walk.
Still, I was discharged the next day. I need to be wheeled down to the carpark in a wheelchair. Even when I got home, I need the help of a office chair (with rollers) to help me move around. I was walking backwards when I'm not using the chair. I can't reached Jade the moment she cried, I depended alot on the confinement lady and Kenny.

Anyway the dreadful moments were long gone. I'm enjoying every single moment now with Jade. I will be returning back to work real soon. I must treasure every precious minute and watch Jade grow day by day.

Playing PSP to kill time in the labour ward!


Visiting!



(for more photos, please view from facebook)

0 comments: