THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

10 November 2008

** Moi 29th Bday Celebration wif Dar & Baby Jade **

One year older, approaching the 30s soon, cannot imagine!
Expecting my first child this year, thus a whole new beginning and meaning for moi and Ken.

As usual, I had to crack my brain and decide on a new dining venue as my dear Dar is totally clueless. He's not the type to plan surprises for moi on moi bday, so I have to do the sourcing. Haha!!! :)

Went to book "Carousel" three days before moi bday, sad to say, the restaurant was fully booked. I was told that I need to make reservations at least 2 weeks in advance. OMG, so "hot" ah that place!
Anyway thinking back, the price of the buffet dinner was pretty steep, $60+++ for international cuisine. For those who know me well, I'm pretty fussy abt food. I dun eat raw, I dun eat lobster, prawn, oyster and mainly delicacies lah. Thus, bringing moi to eat buffet is definitely a waste of money.

Here comes other alternatives: Wild Rocket, Privé, restaurants at Chijmes etc.
In the end, I stumbled upon this dining place at Robertson Quay, near to Alkaff Bridge called "Epicurious".
Some nice reviews abt the restaurant, thus moi decided to go ahead and made reservations. Praying that it won't be too disappointing.

We didn't go anywhere in the afternoon (7 Nov'08, Fri). After having dim sum for lunch, we went home and waited patiently for the delivery of baby's cot, stroller, car seat etc.

In the evening, we slowly made our way to Robertson Quay. We were there 15mins early, so took a few pictures by the river and Alkaff Bridge. The photos came out too dark, so I posted only one here. :P



Surprisingly, although there were many gd reviews from the various websites, we were the only patrons there. We took the alfresco dining and looked through the menu. Not alot of variety though.



Some photos taken after ordering our food.



Our drinks: Snapple and Dar's beer.



Our sides: Mushroom soup and sauteed mushroom.
The mushroom soup and sauteed mushroom were yummy. Not a single drop left of mushroom soup.
However, the sauteed mushroom was too 腻 thereafter cos it was quite a big bowl.



Our Main: Dar's herb-roasted half chicken and my choice of chicken breast parmigiana.
There were not much to choose from the menu as both of us do not take beef. As you can see, we ordered 2 chix dishes of different preparation. Mine was top with cheese and it tasted more like chix patty underneath.

Apart from the disappointment of the mashed potato (u can choose any 2 sides from the menu) on my plate, both dishes tasted not bad. The portion were quite big too. It will be better if there were more variety on the menu. Perhaps pork or fish dishes to be added into their menu.



Our dessert: Apple crumpler with vanilla ice-cream
I lurved it, the apple crumpler was not too sweet to start with (careful that u burnt your tongue).
The top crust was crispy. A great combination when you scooped a spoonful of hot apple with the crust and topped it with vanilla ice-cream and some strawberries, mama mia...heavenly...!!!



The bill came up to about $80 or slightly less. There were more diners after 8pm.
We kinda like the ambience there, facing the river, we felt relaxed. There were many apartments around that area, so you can see alot of Japs and Caucasians. There are many bars and restaurants along the river. It's quite a cool place to chill out with frens as well.

We took a stroll after dinner along the river. More photo taking.



We booked tickets to watch sneak preview of "Madagascar - Escape 2 Africa" @ 11pm at Tiong Bahru. I like part I, so I thought I should not missed part II.

A drink @ Coffee Club - Tiong Bahru before the movie start. Dar ordered some lychee drink and I had my pot of earl grey tea to wash away the heavy dinner I had earlier on.



At 11pm, off we went for the show. Disappointing, not as good as part I. Can give it a miss!
That's my bday celebration with Ken and Baby Jade.

My 30 years old bday next year, I will have Baby Jade physically beside me, celebrating with us. :D

0 comments: